How can I request contact with the alleged victim when there is a no contact order in place?

Return to FAQ Videos

If you have a no contact order in your criminal case and the alleged victim is contacting you do not contact the victim back. Have your attorney contact the victim and verify that she/he wants contact with you. Your attorney will then make contact with the State Attorney’s Office and let them know that the alleged victim has been contacting you. Your attorney will then request a motion to modify bond conditions to reflect no harmful contact. At this point the alleged victim will have to show up in court and let the judge know that he or she is no longer in fear of you.

By Dadan Law Firm | Posted on December 26, 2018