Modifying Terms and/or Conditions of Probation

If you are on probation you can request to modify the terms of probation at any point. Below are the steps you should take:

  1. File a motion to modify probation
  2. Request a date and time for your case to be heard
  3. File a notice of hearing and send a copy to the State Attorney’s Office
  4. Go to Court and present your motion

You should speak with your probation officer first to see if he/she agrees with your motion. If he/she agrees with your motion you can simply write in your motion, ¨my probation officer has no objection to this motion.¨ You can also subpoena your probation officer to attend the hearing only if you believe it will be beneficial to your case.

It is always best to seek legal assistance when filing a motion to modify your probation. Contact Dadan Law Firm at 772-579-0347.