domestic violence attorney/lawyer
If you have been charged with a domestic violence offense it’s important that you contact Dadan Law Firm. We understand that arrest affidavits are not always accurate and that officers often make erroneous judgment calls. We make it our mission to challenge every piece of evidence the State Attorney’s Office intends to use against you starting with the arrest affidavit. We will come up with a defense tailored to your specific situation.
Don’t just plead guilty to a domestic violence charge that can have devastating consequences including, but not limited to:
- Loss of work
- Mandatory participation in Batters Intervention Program
- Jail time
- Prior misdemeanor battery can be used to enhance sentence to a felony battery
- Can have an impact on your divorce and custody case
- Permanent criminal record
- Revocation of your concealed weapons permit
- Deportation if not a U.S. citizen
Even if the alleged victim does not want to pursue the charges the Assistant State Attorney prosecuting the case may disregard the victim’s request.
Domestic Violence Injunction
If you violate a domestic violence injunction you could receive up to one year in the county jail and/or $1,000 fine or both.
If a civil injunction is filed against you seek legal representation immediately. Do not have any contact with the Petitioner even if the Petitioner contacts you first. Its important that you understand your legal rights before agreeing to the entry of an injunction because doing so could have serious consequences like:
- Not being able to possess a firearm
- May affect employment opportunities
- Will show up on your background check and more
It’s important that you call and speak to a Fort Pierce domestic violence attorney today to defend your case and protect your future. We are one of the best law firms that offers representation in Saint Lucie County, Martin County, Indian River County, Broward County, Dade County and Palm Beach County.
Call 772-579-0347 for a free consultation.